Tuesday, January 22, 2013

February baby book


This is the first of twelve two page layouts that I have to make for my friend Baby Album. My good friends Paul and Melissa are having a baby and I am making the baby a album to celebrate the baby's first year. My Scrapbooking Girlfriends and I have been making these baby albums for several years now. Anytime someone we know is having a baby we all get together and make them a album for the baby's first year. Each month get a calendar page for mom to journal all those wonderful milestones and a layout page for a few photos. The baby is due in April so I will make two April layouts and one of every other month. The album is a 8x8 size. Paul and Melissa have decided not to find out the sex of the baby which is a lot of fun but it has made making the album a little more difficult. I have decided to make the months that have special ocassions in them first and leave a few pages that I can make gender specific fter the baby is born.


For this layout I used a old Bo Bunny line "Crazy Love". I cut the big heart with my Cricut, Gypsy and the George Cartridge. I then stiched with my sewing machine a zig zag stitch and some red thread around the Heart. I cut the title "TRUE LOVE" with my Cricut, Gypsy and the Storybook Cartridge. The mats are cute to hold a 2x3 Photo. The corners are cut using a old EK Sucess punch.


The Calendar side of the page is made with My Design Studio from Stampin' Up. I love this feature with the new update for My Design Studio. I was able to just select the month and the year and it inputed everything for me. Great for when you are making a 2014 calendar! The font it cut using the Cricut, Gypsy and the Storybook Cartridge. I cut the Bird and Heart from some left over scraps of the Bo Bunny Paper.

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and a great idea to scrap the holiday months first.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love the stitching around the heart.

    ReplyDelete