Here is a new layout I made using Bo Bunny's "Great Outdoor Line". I love how it turned out. It was quite a challenge as this was not my original plan for the layout. Funny how we can have a picture in our mind and when we start to work we end up somewhere else. That is the great wonder of crafting. This was my daughter's first time roasting and eating Marshmallows. She thought they were great but thankfully was full from supper an only ate two. I couldn't imagine what the sugar high would have been like if it was more.
To create the scallop border I used my Gypsy to weld four border and corners together. I wanted to keep the scallop small so I found that welding smaller pieces together work better then enlarging the scallop square that is already created on the Mini Monogram Cartridge. When I was welding I also left the right hand side blank (straight cut) so that I could make a two page layout. I mounted my scalloped square to some Chocolate Bo Bunny Dot paper. The three button are Coconut Shell buttons from my button stash. I threaded them with some hemp to give them a more rustic look. I used the "Save the Date" set from CTMH in my journal box. The ink is Close to Coco from Stampin' Up. I also stitched a bit using my Bazzill template and some light tan embroidery floss.
I used my Camping Cartridge to cut out the marshmallow and stick. The title and the marshmallow is cut from white fun foam on my Cricut. I used the multi cut feature but it still didn't all the way though but enough that I could get the letters out. They just had a bit of a rougher edge. I do suggest using the Deep Blade, I think I will need to buy one now. I inked the edge of the marshmallow with some brown ink to give it the "roasted" look. I love how this part turned out, but sad that I couldn't get it to photograph really well. It does look really neat in real life. To glue the letters on I used "Glossy Accents" from Tim Holtz. I find this is a great way to glue on anything that you really want to stick that my tape runner doesn't work on. I also used the Bazzil template on this side and the same light tan embroidery floss. I finished of the large photo with 4 photo corners punched out using the EK success punch a the Almond Bo Bunny Dot paper.