Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Christmas Cards


While they are finally finished and out in the mail. Hard to believe that I started them in September while I was at a Crop during Scrapfest in Minneapolis. I was so proud of myself to have started that early and still I was 4 days before Christmas trying to finish them up. I had managed to get my out of town cards out earlier but I was short a few for some in town people so for the passed couple of nights I have been busy trying to finish them up.



The card design came from a Hero Arts class that I took a Scrapfest this year. In the class we got to keep the stamp set that we used, so they were easy to make. At least I thought they were easy until I made 50 of them. I started by stamping the trees on white cardstock then inking them with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Ink and Stamper sponge. I then cut them out and added a strip of natural cardstock for the trunks. I tied a hemp bow and attached it with some glossy accents. The card is folded at 4 1/4 then at 2 1/8. The background is a Hero Arts Background Stamp stamped with Tim Holtz Broken China Ink. I then added some snowflakes using a CTMH stamp set and some white embossing powder with a little bit of sparkles added in. I do love how they turned out even though they took forever to finish.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Turned out great...next year when Donna has a friendly summer scrap day...maybe you and I will be making Christmas cards in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Thank you for mine & Happy Holidays!

    I almost always start in July. The problem isn't starting, it's finishing them. So, unfortunately I can understand your situation from personal experience, but we always seem to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete