Thursday, January 27, 2011

Congratulations Boss and Caitlin!


Friends of ours just had a baby boy in London, ON. I wanted to make a card to send to them with a gift card. We unfortunately don't get to see them very much due to the fact that we live about a 22 hour drive away. I wanted to make sure that they knew we were thinking of them. I used the card from one of my favourite bloggers "The Spotted Chick" as my inspiration. She had a great tutorial on sewing back in December. I actually learned a few tricks that I would never have thought of. This inspired me to use my new sewing machine that I got for Christmas this year. Now I just need to build my thread collection so that I can have better luck finding a matching color. I enter my card at Catered Crop Blog in their "Follow the Recipe" Challenge.


I dug through my stash of baby papers for something "boyish". I only have a girl so my boy papers are limited. All the pattern paper is from Three Bugs in a Rug "Animal Stackers" line that I pick up a while back. The stamp is from Stamping Bella and I coloured them using my copic markers. The base cardstock is a old In Colour Blue Bayou from Stampin' Up. The ribbon is from Pear Pizzaz Seam Binding from Stampin' Up.

Copic Colours: B21, B45, E00, E33, E47, E57, N4, RV11, Y32, G82

ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my . . . how adorable. And your stitching rocks! Thanks for playing along with Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is ssoo cute and i really love the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great baby Bella card! Fun papers too! Hope you are doing okay girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! The stitching really adds a lot especially to the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the colours and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete