Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crayon Wallet


I thought I would show you one of my sewing projects I have been working on the last couple of days. This is my trial crayon wallet. I found the idea on Etsy during one of my late night surfing moments. I bought the pattern from Jennifer Casa here at her Etsy shop. The instructions were great and super easy to follow. I want to make one to match my new diaper bag. This one is just my trial run as the fabric to match my diaper bag was quite expensive. I a m glad I did a trial run because there are a few things I learned as I went. The wallet holds 8 crayons, a 3x5 note pad and some stickers. I thought this would be great to carry in the diaper bag for those moments with my 2 1/2 year when you are waiting at a restaurant or at the Doctor's Office. I also have plans to make a few more for gifts for friends who have kids. It only took me about 2 hours to do. That is without counting the countless interruptions from my daughter for snacks and juice. Also the power went out at my house for about 1 hour and 1/2 right in the middle while I was on a roll. 



ENJOY!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute - sew much fun!!! Tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Any cupcake cravings lately???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and projects!! Can you send me your email so I can send you that recipe you asked for from my blog? THANK YOU! :) Lorri (www.stampingaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen! It turned out great, and will be so useful, especially at things like the walk in etc...

    Meant to get in touch with you about where you get your sketches from again. Left scrapping and completely forgot. Did you get your wedding layouts done?

    ReplyDelete