Monday, May 23, 2011


Here is the announcements I made to send out to our family and friends. I made them with magnets on the back so people could put them on their fridge. I started with a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock cut to fit my magnets. I then used so pink distressed paper from a old CTMH line and made a scalloped border for the bottom. I used the small scalloped border punch from EK Success. The stripped paper was from a old line from The Paper Company. I cut a two inch strip for the background. I then laid some "It's a Girl" ribbon at the top. The flower are punched out using a EK Success flower punch from the same paper as I used to make the scalloped border. I added three small rhinestones in the centre of the flowers using the iRock tool. With my computer I printed out the her birth information, I then used Regal Rose Ink and my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my information stamp. The stamp is from a old Stampin' Up stamp set called "Bundle of Joy". I mounted it on some Blush Double Dot paper from Bo Bunny. I printed a 2x2 photo of Rhylan and mounted it on the same Bo Bunny Double Dot paper. I love how they turned out but after making 75 of them I about done with them. They also cost me a fortune to mail as the magnets made them a little heavy, well I guess that is a lesson learned and I will remember how heavy magnets are next time I want to add them to a project.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous...love this little birth announcement!! To answer your question...I joined the Cricut circle membership...cha ching...I really wanted the next cart they are coming out with...Neighbourhood pop-up.

    ReplyDelete