Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm One Month Old!

I can't believe that a month has gone by already! It was definately a very long month. I stayed in the hospital for 5 days after Rhylan was born. We had to stay that long as she was a bit jaundice and needed the blue lights to help her get better. I couldn't complain it was a nice little vacation for me I got to read and relax while we were there. We then came home for about 48 hours and then I started to get really sick. I tried to ignore some of my symptoms in the afternoon but then by the evening they had gotten really bad and I was running a temp of 42 degrees. My husband rushed me to the hospital. It turns out that I had multiple infection throughout my body and I had started to go into septic shock. It was pretty scarry but we made it through. I end up spending 8 days in the hospital and had to have a blood transfusion on day 3. Things started to turn around after that and I got better each day. Now I have been home for about two weeks and we are finally starting to get into a routine. I haven't been able to scrapbook much, but I did manage to get most of my birth announcements for Rhylan out as well as all of Rhys' Birthday invites. Here hoping next month is a bit better.

1 comment: