Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rhys' Birthday Card


I made this card for Rhys for her 4th Birthday. I had a Tinkerbell cut let over from making her Birthday Banner. I used the paper baking from the cut to create a Burnished Velvet two tone effect. To do this I cut a rectangle from the Be Creative Sticky Paper. I then peeled off one side and stuck it to my lighter purple rectangle to give it a mat. I then removed the top protective piece and then layer on my Tinkerbell shape cut from the protective paper. This made a mask for applying the Sea Green Micro Fine Glitter. I applied the Sea Green Glitter, shook of the excess and rubbed it with my fingers. I then peeled of the mask and applied the Lilac Micro Fine Glitter to have the Tinkerbell Shadow appear. I attached some Elegant Eggplant 1/4 grosgrain ribbon with a bow to the bottom right corner of my card. I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wish stamp set in Elegant Eggplant ink and punch it out with the Word Window punch.  I then inserted the tiny gold star brads and mounted the light Purple cardstock to my Elegant Eggplant Card Base.

Items Used: ( * - Stampin' Up Items   ** - Items available at DAT'S Scrapbooking .. my LSS)

Be Creative Sticky Sheets **
Tinkerbell and Friend Cartridge
Sea Green Micro Fine Glitter **
Lilac Micro Fine Glitter **
Elegant Eggplant Card Stock *
Light Purple Bazzil Cardstock **
Word Window Punch *
Teeny Tiny Wish Stamp Set *
Elegant Eggplant 1/4 Grossgrain Ribbon *
Making Memories Tiny Gold Star Brads

2 comments: