Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Joyful Wishes in Gold...


This card I made using the poinsettia from the "Joyful Christmas" Stamp Set in the new Holiday Mini. I had a hard time photographing this card as the gold paper really liked to reflect my flash. Out of about 20 pictures this was the best one, unfortunately it really doesn't make the flower look as Red as it is in real life.

To make this card I started by stamping the poinsettia onto some Watercolour Paper with Versamark and then embossed it using some gold embossing powder. I then hand painted the flower using my Cherry Cobbler ink pad and my Aqua painter brush.  I cut the flower out by hand and mounted it to a square of pattern paper. All of the pattern paper is from the new Bo Bunny Christmas line "Silver and Gold". To finish off the poinsettia I added 5 gold brads in the middle using my iRock tool.

I then used the new Expression Thinlit dies and the Gold Foil paper from the Holiday Mini to create the  word Merry. I mounted the word to a strip of the same pattern paper I placed behind the poinsettia. I was able to created 10 of these cards for my Christmas Card Stash.

Stampin' Up Items Used:
Joyful Wishes Stamp Set (131805) pg.27 Holiday Mini
Expressions Thinlits Dies (132171) pg.36 Holiday Mini
Gold Foil Paper (132622) pg.28 Holiday Mini
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685) pg.149
Cherry Cobbler Ink (126966) pg.149
Versamark Ink (102283) pg.165
Heat Gun (129053) pg.167
Gold Embossing Powder (109129) pg.167



ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment