Saturday, November 16, 2013

Santa's List ....


Well he is making his list and checking it twice. It is that time of year again, I have been busy working on my Christmas cards. Unfortunately the progress on my new room has not been very speedy so I am still working in a make shift space. It makes scrapbooking a little difficult but I have been making it work.

This card is made using one of the new set from the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini. The base of the card is made from Early Espresso cardstock. I then added a background of Crumb Cake stamped with the Dictionary background stamp. Love this new background stamp, the writing is nice and small so it doesn't draw your eye away from the focus of the card. 

I then stamped my Santa from Santa's List Stamp Set onto Very Vanilla cardstock with Soft Suede ink. I then distressed around him with Crumb Cake ink and a sponge. Then I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges. I then matted it with a piece of Cherry Cobbler. I finished him off with two Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots in the right hand corner.

I stamped the sentiment from the Santa's List stamp set with Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla. I then cut it into a banner and curled the end. I finished it off by stitching a snowflake using some linen thread.

Items Used:
Santa's List Stamp Set (131811) pg.31 Holiday Mini
Dictionary Background Stamp (130348) pg.100
Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650) pg.145
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (119685) pg.149
Crumb Cake Cardstock (120953) pg.145
Early Espresso Cardstock (119686) pg. 145
Soft Suede Ink (126978) pg.145
Crumb Cake Ink (126975) pg.145
Linen Thread (104199) pg.173
Distress Tool (127562) pg.157
Candy Dots (130932) pg.149

ENJOY!! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - such a nice Santa stamp and I agree, very nice text paper.
    Nice to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete