Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Poinnsetta in White


Here is another card made with the Joyful Wishes Poinsetta. I saw the idea for this card online. I loved how it looked and the technique she used  (sorry I can't remember the site), so I decided to use it for my Stamping Six groups this month.


To make this card I started by stamping the poinsettia onto some Whisper White Paper with Versamark and then embossed it using some white embossing powder. I repeated this for all the flower on the page. I started with a base of Blush Bride on and around the Poinsettias. I then added in some Cherry Cobbler with a foam dauber just on the flower. I then hand painted the flower using my Cherry Cobbler ink pad and my Aqua painter brush. I finished the flower with some white Liquid Pearls in the centre.

I stamped the sentiment from the Joyful Wishes stamp set with Basic Black. I also drew a line around the outside with the Basic Black marker. I then tied some Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White Baker's Twine around the card and finished it off with a bow. I matted the sheet with a thin mat of Whisper White and attached it to the Cherry Cobbler card base.  


Stampin' Up Items Used:
Joyful Wishes Stamp Set (131805) pg.27 Holiday Mini
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685) pg.149
Cherry Cobbler Ink (126966) pg.149
Blushing Bride Ink (131172) pg. 147
Basic Black Ink (126980) pg.145
Basic Black Marker (100082) pg.145
Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine (123125) pg.173
Versamark Ink (102283) pg.165
Heat Gun (129053) pg.167
White Embossing Powder (109132) pg.167

ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment