I made this card for a dear friend. I am hoping it lets her know that I am thinking of her often and sending good thoughts her way. I thought I would give a try at paper tolling, thanks to the blog challenge at KL Stampin N Scrappin. Their challenge was to try paper tolling or what they like to call "Pop it Up". When I was a child I did a paper tole project that I had received as a gift. I can't remember what it was or where it has gone, but I do remember how long it took me to finish it and how proud I was when it was done. I also remember the smell of the glue that came with the kit. It was a thick clear glue that you made into a ball to pop the image up. I am so glad that someone invented the pop up foam sqaures. Way Easier!!! I also thought I would pull out my water colour crayons to colour the image. My copic collection has grown but still not enough to allow me a huge variety in colour. I also had no yellow!! With time I imagine my collection will grow and take over another area of my scrapbook room just like all the other addictiteve items I have collected. LOL! I will have to tell you a funny story about this card. I have fallen away from 6x6 card for quite sometime as I always found them to big and I would have a hard time filling the space. I only started to make them again last week when I made the Monkey Birthday Card. I created my image first and then layed it out to see what size card it would fit best on. It seemed to fit perfectly to fit on the 6x6. I worked for sometime on the card
and I was very proud of it when I was finished. I couldn't wait to put it in the mail. When I went to get an envelope I realized that I no longer had any envelopes left that were big enough to fit a 6x6 card. I then spent a whole day going to every stationary store I could think of. No Luck. The closes thing I found was a padded envelope made for CDs. Not the prettiest thing but it did the trick, unfourtunatley it did cost me about twice as much to send due to its thickness. I have now learned the lesson to check for an envelope before you finalized the size of you card. I was also able to enter my card in the Get Sketchy Blog Challenge and at Paper Sundaes Blog Challenge.
The card is a 6x6 card made from a bade of yellow-orange bazzil cardstock. The pattern paper is from Daisy D's Gypsy Harvest Line (an old line I had got from Scrapfest 2006). The strip of brown pattern paper on the left hand side is also from the same pack. The stamp set is "Buzzing By" from Stampin' Up. I coloured the hive and the bees using my Stampin' Up water colour crayons. The hive is popped up into four layers. I also popped up the bees bodies and bent the wings up to look like they are flying. The ribbon is from Bo Bunny. I used the my Spritzer from Stampin' Up to speckle the background and take away some of the starkness of the White around the hive and the bees. The white card stock is mounted on Chocolate Chip and Morning Marigold Stampin' Up Cardstock. I also glimmer misted the Morning Marigold Cardstock but it is hard to tell in the picture. My last touch was to add some shimmer to the bees wings with a little bit of Stickles.