Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Krista!!

Well I am on the mend and I am starting to get back into the groove. I missed scrapbooking so much while I was healing. I am glad it is over and that I am getting back to normal. I made this card for my dear friend Krista. It is her birthday today. It took me a lot longer then I had expected but it was worth it in the end. I had a hard time getting into the groove so I took some advice from my friend Shanna. I searched the web for some challenges to get my "mojo" going. Wow, I was surprised how many different challenges there was out there. I am going to enter this card into three challenges one at KL Stampin' n' Scrappin', another at Stamp Something and another at Everything but the Kitchen Sink. I really recommend you checking out all the challenge blogs that are out there.

Card Formula:
The card is a 6x6 card. The pink pattern paper is from My Minds Eye "Laundry Line". The brown pattern paper I made with some coffee bean stamps and brown ink. I then sprayed the brown piece with Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist "Coffee Shop". The monkey stamp is a Changito from Stampendous. I coloured him with my Copics (imaged below). I then made a template of him an used the Stampin' Up spritzer tool to add some texture to the white cardstock around him. I cut him out with a 3" scalloped circle punch and mounted him on pink card stock which I had also spritz with Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist "Pearl". I used the EK Success photo corner punch to make the brown photo corners. I used some cardboard from a cereal box to make the coffee cup on the side. I cut the cardboard with my Cricut using the "Christmas Cheer" cartridge. I then sprayed the cardboard with ... you guessed
it .... Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist "Sand". I punched out a small pink heart and glue it on the cup. In the top left corner I glued 3 Bella Bling Dots. I finished it up with a brown organza ribbon and a small tag saying "Happy Birthday". The tag was made with the window punch from Stampin' Up andthe Happy Birthday stamp is from the Close to my Heart Happy Birthday Set.

7 comments:

  1. AWW!! I love this image!! He's a fav of mine and what could be more yummy than coffee?!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the coffee cup! Such great texture! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, yummy and funny!!! What a fun little guy and a yummy looking cup of copy! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty darn cute image of the monkey! Cool colors and textures, and all the elements make a great combo together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is great! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete