Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine's Stamping Group Project


I made this card for my Stampin' Up Stamping Group. We get together about every two months to do a project and place our Stampin' Up orders. I must admit that I had some help from my friend Shanna (The Stamping Banana) to get this card to come together. I was trying to demo as many tips and tricks as possible in one card, it was giving me trouble, and I had a hard time getting it to come together. II was also having a hard time because on of my group members asked me if I could demo the Cuttlebug using the embossing technique that leaves a blank space. It took me sometime but I managed to find a tutorial on You Tube demonstrating it. It was a huge help as I had already gone through many piece of cardstock trying to do it on my own. Here is the link so that you can check out the video. Thank God for technology! The card is a easle card design. I love this design and have seen it around on many blogs so I thought I would try it out. I also wanted to use the new Candy Holders from Stampin' Up on the card . The box was an added treat for my girls. We made the box using the Peek a Boo box instructions. I was able to enter my project in two challenges, one at Paper Sundays and one at Stamp Something.

Card Formula:
I used Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo Stampin' Up cardstock. I cut the scalloped circle with the Nestabilities. I used the Cuttlebug to make the dotted embossed background. It is not easy to see but I also embossed a larger scalloped circle with the inside being a blank space. The heart is from the Stampin' Up stamp set Sweet Centers. I used Melon Mambo Ink stamp the heart. I then used a 1 3/8 punch to cut the middle out of the heart for the candy holder. The ribbon is Pretty in Pink Organza from Stampin' Up. I found the charms at our local dollar store. The Happy Valentine's Day Stamp is from Close to my Heart February Word Puzzle. I used the Stampin' Up lace border punch to finish off the bottom. There are two small pink brads holding the card up.





ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I LOVE how it turned out! Be sure to enter it in this week's challenge at Paper Sundaes for Valentine's! Just add your link to Mr. Linky.
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great project--so professional! I'm glad you could join us with this weeks Paper Sundae challenge so I could see this :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty and so classy! thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Jen! Very Valentiney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so sweet and beautiful. Lovely bright colors. Perfect project for Valentines day.
    Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge at Stamp Something.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    hugs,Tanja

    ReplyDelete