Monday, June 17, 2013

The LEGO Party


After weeks of planning and preparing the Lego Party came and went. It was a great time and everything ran really well. I wanted to show you a few pictures of some of the items I prepared for the party.

These are the loop bags I made. I bought the bags from Michael's and boughts matching cardstock for the circles. The circles are cut with a circle punch and then raised up with a foam square. In the loop bags were a colouring book, some lego man and lego block crayons, candy lego blocks, a glow bracelet and a man and car for them to build.


A close up of the bag.


This is my youngest rockin' it out on the Kareoke Machine.


This was the pin the head on the lego man game I made. Each kid got a lego head and got to draw their own lego face on it. They then each took a turn tyring to put the head on the body while being blind folded.

I made a lego toss game from a old bean bag toss game I found at work. The kids all loved trying to see how many blocks they could get in. 

I borrowed some legos from a friend at work. Her son has been collecting them for many years so his collection was quite a bit larger then ours. I had it all spread out on a table for the kids to build with. The boys really loved it and spent most of the time there.


Our friend's son created a really cool lego plane.


Rhys received MANY lego set for her birthday. Behind her is one of the banners I made a long with some help from my dear co-workers Emily and Nikki. They helped me to put on all the circles with foam squares.


I made these lego head treats from marshmellows and melted yellow chocolate. I then drew faces on them with melted chocolate chips and a zip lock bag with the corner cut off. I unfourtunately didn't get a picture before Rhys began to gobble it up. There was also a mini yellow M&M on the top to look like the little button on their heads.


 Rhys enjoying her Lego Treat.


Here is the large Lego Banner I made. I used the same items and method as the first banner and the Lego and loop bags.



ENJOY!!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable, love the loot bags, the banner and the games...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this turned out fabulous! I especially love the banners and the loot bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the banners, loots bags, game and cake!!! Wow, Stephanie will be asking you to plan her next birthday party!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete